Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Protective Hair Styles

As part of my "Hair Growth Challenge" I'm including, more protective hair styles; to my weekly hair care regimen. 

Havana Twist seem to be; all the rage.
It's a nostalgic twist (no pun intended) on the very popular " Poetic Justice Braids" aka Goddess Braids as with many styles come and go, through out the years. Styles are usually  updated,  to fit the look of a current era, throw back with a tweak.

Havana twist: Are basically double strand twist by adding "Havana Hair or Marley Hair" for a fuller chunkier effect; on the actual twist.  It's a great alternative to a protective hair style. Before you decide to install "HT"  highly recommend; you do some research and or consult a natural hair care professional.
If you're interested in installing (ht) yourself ( DIY) you can watch some youtube videos.  It's important to moisturizer your hair and don't forget to seal your ends.  I actually install about 20 twist used 2 packs of hair, my twist are not as chunky, this was my first attempt. 
Next time I'll add more hair and a few more twist for a fuller look.

Products used:
Leave - in conditioner
Shea butter creme for moisturizing
Evoo to seal the ends
Eco styler Olive oil
Duck clips
Tail comb
Marley hair

Pic's
Twist and High Bun

Solange Knowles rocking Twist. 

*Note*
It's recommended that you keep havana twist; in no longer then 4 - 6 weeks at a time.  Don't get them installed to tight, your hair is susceptible to breakage.
Don't forget to keep your twist and your hair moisturize.  "I spritz my scalp and twist; with my own concoction,  conditioner and Evoo"

For Do's and Don't on Havana twist check out this link

Http://m.essence.com/2013/06/20/ask-experts-dos-and-donts-havana-twists/

Love and Healing Light
~GAR~

No comments: