Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2 Yoga 40/40 Experience


Today is Day 2 of my 40 day yoga experience. Woke up this morning feeling ready to go with the flow, met with Janelle. So far Janelle seems to be my favorite instructor. Okay, maybe because Janelle, is a Libra like myself. Libra's tend to work well with other fellow Librarians.

The style that we flow with is Vinyasa Flow Yoga. It seems as the instructor mixes hot yoga/power yoga together. The owner of the studio worked at Bikram/Hot yoga studio and decided to open her own studio.

Vinyasa is a term that covers a broad range of yoga classes. The word Vinyasa means “breath-synchronized movement.” In other words, the teacher will instruct you to move from one pose to the next on an inhale or an exhale. This technique is sometimes also called Vinyasa Flow, or just Flow because of the smooth way that the poses run together and become like a dance.

There are 26 poses, we start with child's pose. At any point if anyone needs to get out of a more difficult pose. We can go back to child's pose as long as we breathe properly inhale/exhale.
There's no judgment, no competition, no prize given to the best yogi in the class.
It's what you can do at your own pace. This was all about day 2, keep following me as I update my blog. Hope you are enlighten my experience. Hopefully, by the end of my 40 day experience I've made a difference with my readers and fellow bloggers.

Peace ~ Blessing 2 All

Namaste ~

No comments: