Monday, January 18, 2010

Yoga Challenge

Today I started my 40/40 well let me break it down for you. I'm going to challenge my mind,body and soul to 40 days of yoga plus 40 days of eating well.

What are the benefits of yoga?

You've probably heard that yoga is good for you. Maybe you have even tried yoga and discovered that it makes you feel better. But what are the specific health benefits can you expect to enjoy from doing yoga regularly?

Physical Benefits *

Flexibility:
Stretching your tight body in new ways will help it to become more flexible, bringing greater range of motion to muscles and joints. Over time, you can expect to gain flexibility

Strength:
Many yoga poses require you to support the weight of your own body.

Muscle tone:
As a by-product of getting stronger, you can expect to see increased muscle tone. Yoga helps shape long, lean muscles.

Better breathing:
Most of us breathe very shallowly into the lungs and don't give much thought to how we breathe.

Day 1
Woke up early eager to attend the 1st day of class. It was a vigorous but rewarding challenge. There were 12 students attending class this morning. Had a great workout in a casual , relaxed and fun studio. I would like to thank the instructor. Helping to guide me through this journey for the next 40 days. Each day I attend a class I will blog about my days experience. At the end of the 40 days will post a before and after photo. So you can see my transformation.
Keep reading my blogs and start to follow me on my 40/40 experience.

Peace ~ Blessings 2 All
Remember a strong spine makes for a strong mind :)


No comments: