Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 8


Today is day 8 of The 40/40 Yoga experience. I took some time off, to focus and really get my mind and body in order. Sometimes, we tend to listen to our minds and let ourselves check out of practice. Wanting to fine a happy medium within me. Reminding, myself that this is my practice my journey my experience. Which I'm sharing with you all, who read and follow my blog. So, I decided to take things a little slow. Never wanting to give up, just focusing on my strengths and not succumb to weakness. So, I began my practice this morning, went to a different studio. The new studio had a beginners class which I was particularly interested in. While this studio is very nice, and the people are really friendly. I'm missing the other location, since the other location is where I began my journey.

Since, today's class was for beginners we were moving at a slower pace. Which was fine for me this is what I needed. I began to breath inhaling and exhaling through my nose. Sun Salutation Tadasana and Urdhva Hastasana. Come to stand in Tadasana with the hands in a prayer position at the heart. Inhale - Bring the arms out to the sides and up to Urdhva Hastasana.

Tadasana is a standing pose. Benefits Improves posture, strengthens thighs, can also help relieve back pain. Come to stand with the big toes touching. Lift up all your toes and let them fan out, then drop them down creating a wide solid base. You can separate your heels slightly if your ankles are knocking together uncomfortably. It may seem like you are just standing there, but bringing the body into alignment is hard work. The alignment for Tadasana carries in to many of the standing and inverted poses.

Urdhva Hastasana also a standing pose. Benefits Improves posture, strengthens thighs, opens shoulders. From Tadasana bring your arms out to the side and up. Press the palms together, keep the arms straight and take the gaze up toward your thumbs. Slide the shoulder blades down the back. Maintain your alignment. This might sound and look easy, try doing these poses in a heated room when the tempture is rasied to 98 degrees. You may want to rethink how easy this might be. However, if you pratice yoga daily, or weekly, what ever works. You will see results and get better so long as you keep practicing. Namaste~



No comments: