Saturday, February 21, 2015

Remembering Malcolm X


El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz
Malcolm X  (May 19, 1925 - February 21 1965)
Malcolm X was an African-American Muslim minister and a human and civil rights activist. His legacy still lives on through his daughters and through us...
Remembering Malcolm X 50 years ago today Minister Malcolm X was assassinated while giving a speech in Harlem, NY  Audubon Ballroom. 
In 1992 Director Spike Lee produced and directed  Malcolm X film.
Based on Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley.
I remember schooling my father and sharing my own personal beliefs on Malcolm X . Since, I was happy to share my news as being cast as an extra.  A family friend worked in the wardrobe department for the film and 40 acres and a mule.  
My dad had a views of Malcolm X that was solely based on negative information. 
Once my father read my copy of autobiography on Malcolm X he had a better understanding of Malcolm X the man.
He was a person, son, brother, husband and a father.
Who was brutally killed in front of his family.  My dad finally understood the importance of  Malcolm X the man his legacy.
Society had a negative take on the Nation of Islam and Minister Malcolm X partly because no one could understand how this one man full of knowledge and wisdom would not fall for nonsense and commanded respect.
Malcolm X was an African-American Muslim minister and a human and civil rights activist. His legacy still lives on through his daughters and through us...
Sending Love and Healing Light to the Shabazz Family
Attallah, Qubilah, Ilyasah, Gamilah Lumumba, Malikah, Malaak
Love and Healing Light
~ AND ~

No comments: