Thursday, August 7, 2014

Confessions of a Menopausal Diva

Hair Woos or Menopausal moment?
My attempt from taking "Clippers" and shaving off my hair, failed. "Epic Fail"
I even had my son participate in my "attempt" in shaving off my hair.


My hair is extremely curly aka "kinky curly" the longer it gets the more it tangles, needless to say; my mane is unruly and breakage from prior damage. Besides rocking Locs, braids, twist, or any protective style. In stead of dealing with this tangle mess. I feel like shaving off my unruly mane.
That's when I started to notice changes within me.
No one talks about changes we go through as women "hormonal changes" Especially, someone like myself; who's had to deal with having endometriosis.
Unfortunately, many women who suffer from endometriosis are hit with early menopause due to hormonal changes from certain medications or having a hysterectomy.  After speaking with a few of my endosisters.  I started to do some research of my own Fatigue, check, Weight gain, check, Hot flashes, check, check, Low libido, and Hair loss.
I thought to myself; no no no I'm to young to go through menopause. 
"Ain't nobody got time for that"
That's when the light came on.
My (Aha moment)
It wasn't just about my unruly dry dull mane. 
I'm starting to go through some changes.

Instead of being in denial. I'm beginning to except and embrace myself. 
This is a new chapter in my life and I'm sharing my journey with you...

Sending you All Love and Healing Light
~AND~

No comments: